What is Orthopaedic Reflexology?
Sports Injury - Myoskeletal - Mechanical
Orthopaedic Reflexology works by using 'rubbing and friction' - (Anatripsises) techniques on the lower legs and feet. It's often used alongside foot reflexology to help treat disorders of the Myoskeletal system, sports related injury's or conditions where muscle use has diminished or become inactive because of disease. It can also be used as a therapeutic treatment to lighten the legs and increase blood flow.
What does is help with?
Orthopaedic Reflexology works with the four main muscle layers, connective tissue and retinaculum of the feet and lower limbs. It is often used by athletes including dancers for a number of reasons;
- Releases muscle tension - quicker healing.
- Reduces Inflammation - promoting blood flow to injuries.
- Preventative - can prevent the onset of a persistent injuries.
- Helps identify location of referred injuries.
- Sharper focus and concentration by relieving anxiety and pre-performance nerves.
- Increased blood flow for lighter legs.
07887 851 854
Monday 10am - 7pm
Tuesday -10am - 7pm
Thursday 10am - 7pm
Friday 10am - 7pm
Sat 9am - 12pm / 3pm - 6pm
We are directly opposite
1 Marchmont Road SM69NT